South Australian Native Title Services Ltd (SANTS) is the native title service provider for South Australia, empowering Aboriginal Nations to strengthen their connections to Country, culture and community.
We are a not-for-profit organisation primarily funded by the National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) to assist Aboriginal South Australians to gain recognition and protect their native title rights and interests.
We deliver a range of services to Aboriginal nations to achieve sustainable social, cultural and economic outcomes by building on the recognition of their native title.
As South Australia’s leading native title service provider, our team specialises in delivering services including administration, research, legal, finance, corporate & community development, human resources, media & public relations.
The administration team are the face of SANTS, here to answer your general enquiries about native title and to take the fuss out of logistics.
- AGMs, SGMs and community meetings
- Travel and accommodation arrangement
- Meals and catering
- Technical support
The research team includes anthropologists and archaeologists who specialise in investigating the histories and cultures of South Australian Aboriginal groups. Our team can provide anthropological, archaeological, and cultural heritage advice to assist Aboriginal groups with their native title and heritage protection aspirations.
- Native title connection and compensation reports
- Providing expert evidence in Federal Court
- Supporting resolution processes between parties
- Cultural heritage surveys and reports (anthropological and archaeological)
- Cultural heritage management plans
- Genealogical (family history) research
- Group membership dispute resolution
- Cultural heritage mapping projects
SANTS expert legal staff work to advise on and pursue native title claims for South Australian Aboriginal groups. Once native title has been determined, SANTS legal staff can support Aboriginal Nations to implement and manage the range of rights associated with their recognition.
- Facilitation and assistance
- Dispute resolution
- Agreement making
- Internal review and other functions
- Providing legal advice and information
We assist Aboriginal corporations with managing their finances and making strategic investments for the future.
- Management accounting
- Financial accounting
- Financial planning development
- Payroll management
- BASS statement preparation
CORPORATE & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
The corporate and community development team supports Aboriginal nations with their social and economic progress and meeting their native title governance requirements.
- Project development
- Funding submissions
- Stakeholder and partnership relations
- Corporate governance training
- Economic and enterprise development
Our human resources department is specialised in assisting PBCs with hiring and managing their staff and helping create a positive workplace culture.
- Capacity development
- Policy and procedure development and implementation
- Employment contracts
- Recruitment and onboarding
- CEO performance and mediation
- Work health safety
MEDIA & PUBLIC RELATIONS
Our media team is well-equipped and experienced in helping Aboriginal corporations with their promotions and building a reputable public profile.
- Media liaising
- Photo and video content
- Podcast creation and distribution
- Social media content
- Bespoke print and digital newsletters
- Website development management