Working at SANTS
SANTS is based in the Adelaide CBD, located close to the Law Courts. Our central office location is well placed for public transport and the Adelaide Central Markets and Gouger Street restaurants are nearby. SANTS is a small, independent Aboriginal which offers employees an opportunity to work for a not for profit body with a strong mission and values.
This page publishes employment opportunities with South Australian Aboriginal organisations, including SANTS as they become available
Do you want to support South Australia’s traditional owners to promote and protect their native title interests in land and waters?
Do you want to provide excellent administrative services for a not for profit?
Do you want to work in a flexible, friendly and rewarding environment?
Then this might be the role for you!
South Australian Native Title Services Ltd (SANTS) delivers services to South Australia’s traditional owners that promote and protect their native title rights and interests in land and waters. We now seek an outstanding Administrative Support Officer to work within our Business Services Team reporting to our Administrative Services Co-ordinator. A key requirement of this role is to work with internal and external clients in providing reception, administration and logistical support to members of the SANTS Team and Native Title Holders.
This is a fixed term full time ongoing role based in the Adelaide CBD.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or other related discipline (or studies towards).
- Experience in a previous administrative role would be highly regarded. Ideally in a government-funded organisation.
- Experience in workplace health and safety [for example, participation in WH&S initiatives] (desirable).
- Experience in working with remote aboriginal communities.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications.
- Experience in minute taking.
- Good computer skills particularly Microsoft Office.
- Customer service skills when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Interest in and understanding of Indigenous Australian societies and cultures, and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Health and Safety.
SA Native Title Services strongly encourages those identifying as indigenous to apply.
Some intrastate travel will be required as part of this role and a Driver’s license is essential. A position description is available on request.
If you believe you have the relevant skills, experience and attitude to make a success of this role, please submit your application letter and current resume to email@example.com by 5:00pm Thursday, 27th May 2021.