Legal Officer – Full time ongoing
Legal Officer – Full time 12 month contract
Do you want to contribute your legal expertise in the area of native title?
Do you want to work with native title claim groups and native title holders?
Do you want to work in a flexible, friendly and rewarding environment?
Then this might be the role for you!
South Australian Native Title Services (SANTS) is the Native Title Service Provider for South Australia. We work with native title claimants and holders to provide native title services in our state. We are looking for Legal Officers to work with our existing Legal Team to provide legal services to South Australian Aboriginal communities.
Based in the Adelaide CBD but with some intra and interstate travel, to be successful you will need:
- To be admitted as a Solicitor in South Australia with a South Australian practicing certificate.
- At least 1 year of experience, preferably in native title.
- To have an understanding and experience of Australian Federal Court procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Australian societies and cultures, and the issues affecting these cultures in Australian society.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of the principles of dispute resolution and mediation.
- High level communication skills including the ability to provide clear, concise, and comprehensive advice both verbally and in writing, within and external to the organisation.
SA Native Title Services would like to encourage those identifying as Aboriginal to apply.
If you believe this is you please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information contact Katy Bone or Maria Almeida on 08 8110 2800. Applications to reach us by 5.00pm, 7th of May 2021. A full position description can be emailed to you upon request.